Skip to main content

Mulsin round 2

It took me a while to get the muslin adjustments made, I was sick for a week and honestly, I just had more interesting sewing projects (instant gratification maxi skirt and finishing a pair of shorts that have taken forever that I want to wear before summer ends, which are finally done).

Changes I made include:

- letting out both sleeve seams (2 part sleeve) 1/4 in, resulting in 3/8 seam allowance
- letting out side seams 1/4 in, resulting in 3/8 seam allowance

I actually did not make as many changes as I originally thought, because I tried it on and it seemed like it might be big enough. I have sewing class tomorrow with E and I'll ask her opinion.

Honestly, I really did not want to re-sew those pesky princess seams and if I let them all out 1/4, I think the jacket will be too big but maybe I'm wrong, I'll see what E has to say about it.

Estimated total hours of work to this point (not including research): 3 - See more at: http://chasecoco.blogspot.com/2014/08/muslinlooking-good.html#sthash.0Kqdymee.dpuf

Estimated total hours spent: 3.5
Estimated total hours of work to this point (not including research) - See more at: http://chasecoco.blogspot.com/2014/08/muslinlooking-good.html#sthash.0Kqdymee.dpuf
Estimated total hours of work to this point (not including research) - See more at: http://chasecoco.blogspot.com/2014/08/muslinlooking-good.html#sthash.0Kqdymee.dpuf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George and Ginger 40k Sway - Pattern Review

Final product - 40k Sway George and Ginger Patterns gave the 40k Sway pattern away to celebrate having 40,000 members in their Facebook group. Look at how cute that neckline is? Of course I had to make this super cute freebie. As an extra bonus, there are directions for making a functional placket opening or faux opening. I opted for the faux placket because it's marginally easier and I have no reason that I need the opening to work but if you needed access to a port or to breastfeed, this top design would be great! I measure a size L12 (full bust 38") but I was at the top of the size range and worried it wouldn't fit in my arms so I decided to go up to an L14 and graded out to an XL16 hip. I checked my fabric stretch before sewing it as I was using a French Terry which is not always very stretchy. My fabric had 50% horizontal stretch and minimal vertical stretch (maybe 10%); the pattern says it needs 50% 2-way stretch so I thought I would be fine. Um.....no....It was way

George and Ginger Little Black Bra - pattern review

I have been obsessed with the George and Ginger Lovesick Bralette {now called the Little Black Bra} for the last few weeks. I have made 3   5  a million of them in these past few weeks! I've been sewing up a storm during the Shelter-in-Place orders from COVID-19 and thee bralettes have been perfect to wear when lounging around or working from home. This is the first and at this point, the only bra I have ever made. This pattern was really attractive to me because I didn't need any special supplies, I could make it from fabric I already had. I actually made all of these from swim/athletic knit scraps I had left over. Also, it's a free pattern! If you go the the George and Ginger Facebook group , you can download the pattern for free. It's available in sizes 29AA-48E. Since I used swim fabric, I could also wear these as swimsuit tops. I might make some solid black swim bottoms so I can wear whatever tops I feel like wearing. Pattern tips I never print my patterns

M7574 - raglan top or dress

 I liked M7574 so much I accidentally bought two copies. Whoops! I got around to making it around Thanksgiving for a Christmas shirt. I made length C with sleeves B for a long sleeve shirt. I had looked around for a holiday print knit for weeks and couldn't find anything I liked when by chance I hit the jackpot on the Joann's clearance table! This was a red llama fabric cotton knit with a small amount of spandex, I think 3%. The black sleeves are double brushed poly that I had in my stash, which I think was from LA Finch Fabrics. Pros I didn't realize it until I made the pattern but the raglan sleeve is curved on the front. I really like this and it adds some nice interest to the top. It has a two piece sleeve, which I love! You don't usually see this on a knit pattern and I really like the contour that it adds. The back seam is also contoured nicely. If it's going to be cut in two pieces it shouldn't be straight! That is a pattern pet peeve of mine, it's n